Monday, January 20, 2014

Home Made Laundry Detergent Update- Almost 2 years later!


It's been almost 2 years!!! since I switched from my previous store brand laundry detergent ensemble to this home made and healthier version and you know what? We still haven't gone through all I made!

Amazing! As I started to write this I thought it was almost 1 year but no, it's almost 2 years now. How much have you spent on laundry detergent in the last 2 years? Because I spent only $33.20 making this and I said goodbye to harsh chemicals and irritants in the process.


Bet your laundry products look like this.


My original batch and "fabric softener"- I still have 3/4 of a pitcher left of the detergent.
This is what mine look like now.

Our clothes get clean, even better than soap because the baking soda and vinegar rinse cleans the soap residue out and cleans the washer in the process too. No more itchy skin from detergent in clothes, sheets or towels. And I never would have thought that vinegar could make our laundry so soft but it does and no perfumey smells!

So almost two years later, I can say I'm really happy with this little experiment. Next time I will order the white Zote to get away from the coloring altogether. It just takes a little pre planning for ordering.

There are lots of these recipes floating around Pinterest but this one really steps away from the chemical based products without sacrificing cleaning power.

So want the recipe?

Check out my old blog GettingRAW.com for all the details.

Try it out and let me know what you think.

Until next time,










Find us on Facebook here, Follow on Pinterest here, and See what we're up to on Instagram here.

3 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I'm heading to your old blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. commercial laundry service

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. Best Dry Cleaning Service

    ReplyDelete